16 August 2014

blue skies and red rocks ...

...forgotten the location, it was an hour away from the Palm Valley, N.T. stop, and after having made the bumpy 4-WD trek back over the dry Finke Riverbed, this was a short stop for those that still had some walk left in them.  Surprisingly, I was still in for it!











our 4-WD tour guide already at the top; he wasn't stopping for photos though...



I still feel excited about this landscape and the magical places I ventured back in June.  Have I told you (lately),  it was incredible?!

11 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Those red rocks are very striking. Marvelous photos!

EG CameraGirl said...

It's hard to beat the contrast of the red rocks with the blue sky!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I know I've said this before, but this is so much like our Southwest it'd be hard not to think you were in Utah.

Carole M. said...

interesting John that this part of Australia (in Northern Territory) is reminiscent of Utah in the U.S.

diane b said...

It is an unforgettable place and landscape.

Lisa Gordon said...

What beautiful scenes, Carole!

betty-NZ said...

Wow! I could spend hours photographing those beautiful rocks!

Carole M. said...

Betty - and I did!

Made by KKann said...

Sooo beautiful!!

Kay said...

I agree what John says, it is like the Southwest in US. We lived there and the beauty of the landscape is why we always want to go back. Hopefully this fall. I have so enjoyed your photo's showing us your part of the world!! Thank you Carole!

D.Nambiar said...

Wow!
I'm reminded of my trip to Colorado. :)